Monday, January 31, 2011

Michael Friemuth

I stumbled upon Michael Freimuth when looking at the shellsuit zombie blog. I think his work is incredible, beautifully crafted contemporary typography. The first couple of spreads are from a magazine called materiel. The tight gridding and minimalism really just look amazing. It appears to be a 6 column grid, and the varying ways this has been manipulated create a variety of simple yet precisely executed and well crafted typographic layouts.




This one below for Goldfinger isn't quite as effective to me personally, but it's still very well executed layout. The colour choice ties to the theme nicely, and the pull quote is placed appropriately in the hierarchy so the eye goes from picture to pull quote to body copy.


I really just liked the simplicity of this, with a nice bit of debossing or embossing. This is something that can be doen through the letterpress and I'd really like to have a go at this in one of my projects.


I like the logo-form in the corner, and the clear identity this creates. It has a very classic feel to it, that seems to be very in right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment