Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Task: 3 triangulated context titles and 10 chapters

Fred asked us to come prepared for the session next week with 3 triangulated statements that could work as the title for the context book that comes at the end of this context module, along with possible titles for 10 chapters for each title/statement. I thought I'd do this now so I can get to a point where I have a full working draft of my proposal form to have feedback on sooner rather than later. The focus is obviously on the area I specifically want to look at, and each of them are slightly different based on this focus, it's probable that I'm going to combine some of them, for example where it says 'with a focus on publication' I might say 'publication and identity' which allows me to broaden my focus because i don't want to find myself too limited.

A semiotic investigation of selected areas of the culture industry with a focus on typography:

-Type as branding
-Layout
-Typeface design
-Cultural awareness of type
-Semiotics of typography
-Semiotics of signs and symbols within the culture industry
-Semiotics of fine art
-Semiotics of DIY Music
-Semiotics of Art House Cinema
-Semiotics aimed at designers

A semiotic investigation of selected areas of the culture industry with a focus on publication design:

-Fundementals of publication design
-History of publication design and the culture sector
-Experimental publication design

-Semiotics of signs and symbols
-Semiotics of typography

-Semiotics of fine art publications
-Semiotics of DIY Music publications
-Semiotics of Arthouse Cinema publications
-Semiotics of publications for designers


A semiotic investigation of selected areas of the culture industry with a focus on Identity:

-The fundamentals of identity design
-Signs and symbols of Identity
-Subversion through semiotics in identity
-Semiotics of 'highbrow culture'
-Semiotics of 'lowbrow culture'
-Identity and fine art
-Identity and DIY music
-Identity and Art house Cinema
-Identity and Photography
-Identity for design agencies

Im not sure how appropriate these are or not, but at least they'll give me the opportunity to move forward right or wrong after next week's session.

No comments:

Post a Comment