Thursday, March 10, 2011

Case Study: Music, continued

I'm struggling to find agencies that get back in touch, thankfully Craig from Music emailed a little while ago. Unfortunately he's working till 9 most days and won't have time to have me visit the studio, but he was willing to answer a series of questions for me.

Here are the questions I asked:

Hi Craig,

Sorry this has taken a while. The questions I would like to ask are:

What would you say is the overall design philosophy of Music?

How did you start getting clients in the beginnings of Music, particularly in regards to a promotional strategy?

Is there a particular sector that you get a lot of clients from?

If so, has this been constant, or does where the work come from change frequently?

What is the project you're most proud of working on?

And what was the most difficult design situation?

Do you find yourself fighting the client for what you know will work often? Or is there a certain level of trust placed in Music these days?

Do you have a particular process when responding to briefs?

Your work uses a variety of disciplines, do you have people in house that can do a variety of things, or are you big on using freelancers?

When sending work to print, do you use a particular printer? If so, is there any motivation behind using them?

Cheers Craig, if your answers provoke more questions I'll email you some more.


Ben Bowsher
Graphic Design

hello@benbowsher.co.uk
(+44)7794270594


I'm probably going to ask more questions based on his answers and also if I think of anything else thats relevant. This interview is geared to understanding Music's design practice, but it's probably also relevant for my PPD.

No comments:

Post a Comment