Thursday, June 2, 2011

Magnetic tape/music zine evaluation



Magnetic Tape was a labour of love and a final piece that I actually really enjoy. The real problem witht his brief was the fact that it's the first one I started and I spent far too long on it, although I'm glad of some of the revisions I made to it. Everything seemed to go wrong; screen-printing failed several times, the ink was inconsistent on the digital prints that I made (although I ended up using and photo-shopping these ones). I wanted to be able to produce a bunch of copies to actually distribute, but unfortunately this became difficult when the screens didn't seem to register properly, effectively upping the cost.

I think that the range of products, 4 issues and a blog is probably a reasonable amount, but on reflection I could have perhaps thought of a few more directions to take it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment